Our consulting and coaching group is eager to answer the following questions posed to us most often by individuals, companies, and organizations looking to implement organizational initiatives and diversity training in Orlando, FL. If you have a question that isn’t addressed here, please contact us by clicking here. We service organizations in Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Miami, New York City, and throughout the rest of the country.
What is a Diversity Initiative?
A Diversity Initiative is a long-term process that a firm commits to in order to go from one level of inclusion and diversity to another. It is a business imperative that includes assessments, goals, strategies, tasks, resources and accountabilities. A workplace Diversity Initiative is founded on a solid base of executive commitment and support.
How costly will it be to implement a Diversity Initiative?
The cost to implement a well-designed diversity plan is about the cost of retaining one third-year attorney.
Does our firm need a Diversity Initiative?
You are a candidate for a Diversity Initiative if:
- You Want to Hire and Keep the Best and Brightest Minority and Women Attorneys
- Your Firm Is Primarily One Race or Gender
- Your Firm Is Losing Minority and Women Attorneys and Don’t Know Why
- You Want to Expand Your Market Base
- You Have Attempted Diversity Before – But Without a Plan
- Your Firm’s Culture Is Undefined or Negatively Defined
- You Want to Retain All Employees
- Your Clients Demand It
- You Want Your Staff to Reflect the Makeup of the Communities in Which You Practice Law
- You Think It Is the “Right Thing to Do”
- You Need Help Getting Started
Don’t Try If:
- The Highest Levels of Management at the Firm Are Not Committed*
- You Don’t Have a Plan
- You See It as a “Program” and Not a Process
- You Do Not Intend to Involve Everyone
*Being ‘Committed’ means providing resources, time, planning, recognition, and the proven behavior associated with diversity on a daily basis.
How do we make a Diversity Initiative work?
There are four key essentials for a successful Diversity Initiative:
- The executive team must be committed to its success. They must walk it, talk it and demonstrate it every day.
- Diversity must be integrated into the business goals.
- The firm must have an actionable strategic diversity plan with goals, individual accountability, and measurements for success.
- There must be a company-wide communication plan that keeps employees informed of your actions and progress.
Contact us today for diversity training that is capable of transforming your existing workforce. We proudly serve clients in Orlando, Florida.